“Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.” – Wayne Dyer
I’ve spent most of my life fascinated by psychology and personal development. My degree was in Humanities (an interesting mix of psychology, sociology, philosophy and literature) and my bookshelf has always creaked under the weight of self-help and personal development books.
Jim Carrey once referred to the self-help section in his local book store as the “Jim Carrey wing”. I could relate to that! Except I felt shame and devoured my books under the covers worried incase others would think that I was a nut and needed help!
Truth is, I’m a personal development junkie.
Irony was that I wasn’t happy for so many years.
I spent 16 years in retail financial services, managing the sales teams and the operations of busy high street branches.
I thought I was doing ok but in reality I was the consummate people pleaser, low self worth, low self esteem (low? read:zero) and toxic relationship to match.
But then life threw me a line, disguised as a series of ugly breakdowns – my marriage, my home and my mental health. You know, the kind of things I couldn’t sleep-walk my way through! Or if I did, I may have never woken up!
These events and circumstances, for which I am now so grateful, have steered my course to build a thriving, fulfilling and thrilling Coaching business.
I have a carefully selected team of experts and together we work with wonderful clients helping them to crush the timeline on building their dream businesses.
I have hosted dozens of live online workshops and masterclasses for my paid community on business and mindset topics. I’ve also spoken at live off-line events both as the host of my own Confidence Workshop and as a guest speaker on the topics of confidence and mindset.
Facts about me:
I’m a “burn the boats” kinda gal. I quit my 9-5 as a newly-single mother of twins in order to start my business. I knew that if I had the safety of a monthly income, I would not have succeeded on the scale I did and at the pace I did. It was do or die! (At least, do or get a respectable job so yes, die!)
My favourite film of all time is Back to the Future and I also love musicals like Cabaret, Moulin Rouge and Singing in the Rain.
I love running and in 2010 I completed the London Marathon in 4Hrs 17Mins. I cried with emotion when I crossed that line!
I’m half Japanese and half English. My mum was born in Tokyo and travelled alone at the age of 21 to visit England…met my dad and the rest is history!
I love a good cry and I cry alot! “Crying makes you smarter” is one of my favourite quotes by Nancy Kline, because that would make me a genius! My tears are mostly happy ones, replete with love and joy!
- Jack Canfield Certified Success Principles Trainer and Speaker
- NLP Practitioner – The Coaching Academy (trainee)
- Personal Performance Diploma – The Coaching Academy
- · Corporate and Executive coaching Diploma – The Coaching Academy
- · BA Honours Degree in Interdisciplinary Human Studies- Bradford University
- · Diploma in Mindfulness – International Alliance of Holistic Therapists
- · Workplace Coaching Accreditation
- · Certificate In Counselling Skills – WPF Counselling Centre
- · Advanced Sports and Exercise Nutritional Advisor Professional Diploma – The Health Sciences Academy
- · Management Studies Professional Development Certificate – Chartered Management Institute
Additional Continued Professional Development:
- · Neuroscience for coaches
- · DISC Profiling
- · Situational Leadership
- · Performance Management
- · Success Through Service
- · Insights and Emotional Intelligence
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever” Mahatma Gandhi