NICHE. There, I’ve said it. Niche is that much maligned word for many of you coaches. Maligned because you know the power of coaching and you love the positive life changing impact that your coaching can have with so many people on so many levels.
Perhaps you feel frightened that restricting yourself to a niche closes the door on all those potential clients, and therefore restricts your income.
Maybe you like the idea that everyone is a potential client and you have a range of answers to the question “What do you do?” You choose the answer that you assume would be the best fit for this person in the vague hope that they suddenly agree to contract with you.
Potentially you spend a lot of time and money attending networking meetings, speaking to everyone and at best securing a coffee date.
If any of that resonates with you then I am here to share with you 5 really powerful reasons why a niche will transform your business success literally overnight.
When I talk about a “niche” I am talking about something that you are passionate about. A topic that makes your heart sing. I am referring to a subject matter that you could talk about enthusiastically all day long and that you are an authority in. Your authority could come from official training or from the school of life! It matters not.
1. When you talk about your chosen niche with authentic passion and enthusiasm you inspire; you stand apart as a leader and your authority shines through
2. You can charge appropriate fees because specialists offer the increased expectation of the desired results
3. You can let go of the constant pressure when speaking with anyone new. Rapport is really blocked when you are distracted by how you can introduce your general coaching
4. You will be able to effectively select the groups to join and the places to hang out where your prospective clients are, saving you valuable time and money
5. You can become recognised as the Go To expert in your specific area of passion.
I have seen time and time again that moment when a coach hits on exactly what it is that makes their heart sing and suddenly fear of the future dissipates. It’s as though, once you know, once you have that lightbulb moment that switches you on to exactly your purpose everything else flows.
“You’ve got to follow your passion. You’ve got to figure out what it is you love – who you really are. And have the courage to do that. I believe that the only courage anybody ever needs is the courage to follow your own dreams.” Oprah Winfrey.
I couldn’t agree more Oprah.